Sunday 18 November 2012

The mouthing pattern

This was a very intimate process with deep emotional connections that we are perhaps only aware of at a subliminal level.

 I thought I would turn away from the stroking, guiding hand next to the mouth, finding it too personal and invasive. However, I actually found it more comforting to go towards the touch, and felt a sense of loss when this warm contact was taken away.

 The effect that this seemingly simple pattern has on my movement is amazing! It is a similar feeling to moving with an awareness of my head to tail connection, but it is altogether more relaxed, softer, less rigid. This pattern is useful in reminding us that the spine is not the only centre line through the body. We actually have a much more fluid and soft central column of support which is also constantly active at an unconscious level as we move through our day.


sea_squirts

No comments:

Post a Comment