Friday 16 March 2012

Term 2 overview

   I have been very excited by the turn my own practise has taken over the course of my second term. The main focus of my work has been my interdisciplinary practise. In preparation for my assessment module I have been researching a large range of artists from cross-disciplinary backgrounds, as well as visual artists. At the moment I am exploring the line of installation art - I am particularly inspired by the work of Cornelia Parker!
http://www.frithstreetgallery.com/artists/works/cornelia_parker

   In my movement studies classes I have been continuing to develop my practise in the following areas:

A greater understanding of the use of the breath when moving.

Maintaining an awareness of the space and people around me, even while working with complex, personal, internal imagery.

Moving with an awareness of the back surfaces of the body as well as the front surfaces.

I am particularly enjoying the continuation of our Skinner Releasing classes. Even though it is a much softer, more calming class environment physically, it always gives me a huge range of images to work with and I enjoy the sense of build up with each class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment