Saturday 17 March 2012

Contact Improv with Charlie Morrissey

005 Though I was ill today and couldn't really engage with my movement as I would have liked, I found this class really fantastic to move through. I had a real softness today in my feet and legs. Working with a partner allowed me to really find my centre as I couldn't just rely on the other person to support me. Sometimes of course 'mistakes' happen or something that we don't expect - but these moments are when we find a true connection to our movement and that of our partner, and when I needed my core and softness in the joints to keep me safe and allow me to either stay upright or melt to the floor...

1 comment:

  1. The most distinguishing feature of belly dancing is the isolated motions of the abdomen. These circular, rolling, angular and vibrating movements are all based on natural body movements and it is exactly that makes belly dancing such a safe form of exercise for people of any age.

    Ecstatic Café

    ReplyDelete