Sunday 3 April 2011

Improvisation Class

Polly Hudson   14-03-11

Free Writing - "As I walk..."

As I walk I notice I do not look out as I should but instead I look to the floor... why do I do this? Insecurity? Self-consciousness?
As I walk I notice others in the space walking around me... I notice how they walk and I wonder how I am different...I notice the speed of my walk and my breathing as it starts to quicken... As I walk, I notice the sound of my feet as they make contact with the floor, and I make a conscious effort to soften them to reduce the noise... I notice the texture, temperature of the floor and the casual swing of my arms by my sides.... As I walk I am aware how my movement is influenced by the choice of music... I find an awareness of the other people in the space and begin to biuld relationships with them... curling and un-curling...spiralling together...

IPP Assessment 014

No comments:

Post a Comment