Sunday 6 February 2011

SRT Class

04-02-11

Skinner Releasing Technique with Florence

This was a brilliant class for me - I felt myself really connecting to what Florence was saying, the imagery she was using...

Marionette Strings - suspending the head, the knees, the hands and so on - this visual stimulus really made me move in a different way and pay attention to my body moving, I felt lighter and more balanced in my movement, imagining my head to be floating up the sky even when melting into the support of the ground.

Partner Graphic - With a partner we went through several exercises that improved our alighment and awareness of the body. One of the most interesting exercises for me suspending our partners torso by placing our hands underneath the persons last ribs and gently lifting upwards, taking the weight of their torso. This felt odd but seemed to release the tension I was feeling in my chest...  

No comments:

Post a Comment